Monday, May 9, 2011

I Heart Faces: Motherhood

Mother's Day yesterday was a reminder of how blessed I am to have my 2 little monkeys and am able to celebrate the day my own special way. After a day of relaxation, I got a call around 10:30 pm letting me know that my dear sister-in-law had just delivered my niece. What a wonderful mothers day gift that is!

After speaking with my sister-in-law on the phone this morning, I could hear the utter exhaustion in her voice as she explained to me that she had only had an hour of sleep that night.  Apparently, she just couldn't stop looking at her little creation even when the baby slept. I get that! I find myself fumbling into my 5 and 6 year old's rooms, during the middle of the night, often just to catch a sneak peak at them sleeping softly. I am not sure that will ever change. As a mother, you are constantly thinking of someone other than yourself and sleep just isn't the same again. 

Have you ever seen that glow of a new mother, sleep deprived and all? The light that has come on in their eyes. They are so full of love and pride and joy! This photo captures that glow of a new mother, which is the topic at I Heart Faces this week; Motherhood.  By next weekend, I hope I will have gotten the chance to capture the glow of my sweet sister with my new niece wrapped in her arms too.



Love, 



3 comments:

  1. Lovely picture - it looks like this sleeping baby will have the same beautiful hair as her mother. And congrats on your new niece.

    ReplyDelete