Monday, March 28, 2011

I Heart Faces: Slice of Life

Ahhh to be soccer season again. I have a bug in my pants and and twitch in my leg and I just can't wait to see my little monkeys dribble across the soccer field again! 

The photo challenge this week at I Heart Faces is called Slice of Life. In this challenge we are to depict everyday life moments in our photos. This photo below is one of my favorites from last soccer season. It was my son's first year at the sport and he and his cousin were on the same team. I was in a constant frenzy 4 nights a week to get my 2 kids off to practice with ball, cleats, shin-guards, water bottle and ball in tow. It was so worth it on Saturday mornings when, win or loss, the parents formed a tunnel with their arms at the end of each games so the kids could make their two, moment of glory filled, laps through it.  They could have cared less what the outcome of the game was. They always donned an ear to ear grin on their faces as they ran under our tunnel of pride. 

This is my nephew and my son directly behind him, making their first lap through. I cant wait to share this little slice of life with them when they are playing more competitively in the coming years and have nearly forgotten that winning isn't everything. :)


Love,





3 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! The processing is perfect in b/w tones! Well do I remember such sweet precious moments with our son as he ran down the "tunnel" of cheering parents before a game! The happy expression is icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great capture! Love the look on their faces and the B&W treatment. Awesome pic, Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What happy little boys! What a wonderful activity to give children their own sense of accomplishment - and have a ton of fun in the process!

    ReplyDelete